DISCLAIMERS You acknowledge and agree that: 1. Although we strive to provide on VO Web Sites the latest developments relating to our products and services, and other information about VO, we do not warrant the accuracy, effectiveness and suitability of any information contained in VO Web Sites. Each person assumes full responsibility and all risks arising from the use of VO Web Sites. The information is presented "AS IS" and may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. VO reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications to the information contained on VO Web Sites at any time without any prior notification.
2. VO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT POSTED ON VO WEB SITES. VO HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CREATED BY LAW, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL VO BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFIT) CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE EXISTENCE OR USE OF VO WEB SITES, AND/OR THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT POSTED ON VO WEB SITES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER VO HAS BEEN ADVISED AS TO THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
3. VO is not responsible, and provides no warranty whatsoever, for the accuracy, effectiveness, timeliness and suitability of any information or content obtained from third parties, including any hyperlinks to or from third-party sites. Except as otherwise provided on VO Web Sites, VO will not edit, censor or otherwise control any content provided by third parties on any bulletin board, chat room or other similar forums posted on VO Web Sites. Such information should, therefore, be considered as suspect and is not endorsed by VO.
YOUR USE You understand, acknowledge, and agree to the following:
4. By using VO Web Sites, you agree not to disrupt or intercept our electronic information posted on VO Web Sites or on any of our servers. You also agree not to attempt to circumvent any security features of VO Web Sites, and to abide by all applicable, local, state, federal and international laws, rules and regulations.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY The information, documents, and related graphics published in VO Web Sites (the "Information") are the sole property of VO, except for information provided by third-party providers under contract to VO. Permission to use the Information is granted, provided that (1) the above copyright notice appears on all copies; (2) use of the Information is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only; (3) the Information is not modified in any way; and (4) no graphics available from this VO Web Site are used separate from accompanying text. VO is not responsible for content provided by third-party providers, and you are prohibited from distribution of such material without permission of the owner of the copyright therein. Except as permitted above, no license or right, express or implied, is granted to any person under any patent, trademark or other proprietary right of VO.
No use of any VO trademark, trade names, and trade dress in VO Web Sites may be made without the prior written authorisation of VO, except to identify the product or services of the company.
You recognise and agree that when submitting your personally identifiable information to VO Web Sites, while VO has safeguards in place to prevent unauthorised access or interception, there is no absolute guarantee of security. IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT OF AN INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORISED ACCESS DESPITE OUR EFFORTS, VO SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH INTERCEPTIONS OR UNAUTHORISED ACCESS, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) SUFFERED BY A CUSTOMER OR USER. EVEN IF VO HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, VO DOES NOT WARRANT, EITHER EXPRESSLY OR IMPLIED, THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY CUSTOMER SHALL BE FREE FROM INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORISED ACCESS, AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EACH CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF HIS OR HER OWN PASSWORD.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY VO does not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions provided on, posted to, or otherwise available through VO Web Sites. Reliance on these materials, information and opinions is solely at your own risk. VO disclaims any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use of VO Web Sites, or the content contained thereon.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ADDITIONAL LEGAL NOTICES, DISCLAIMERS, AND OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY APPLY TO VO WEB SITES.
VO WEB SITES, THE SITE CONTENT, AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH VO WEB SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL VO OR ITS VENDORS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (HEREINAFTER "VO PARTIES") BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE VO WEB SITES, THE SITE CONTENT, ANY SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH VO WEB SITES OR ANY LINKED SITE, INCLUDING ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, VIRUSES, DELETION OF FILES OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, OR ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN VO WEB SITES OR THE SITE CONTENT, WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS NEGLIGENCE BY VO AND WHETHER OR NOT VO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
"Personal information" means information that identifies you or could be used to identify you and which is submitted to and/or collected by VO Web Sites. Examples of personal information include your name, your postal address, your e-mail address and your telephone number.
How does VO collect information online? VO collects information in two ways:
1. Personal Information You Submit: VO collects personal information that you enter into data fields on VO Web Sites. For example, you may submit your name, postal address, e-mail address, and/or other information in order to receive information about various subjects, register for VO programmes, contact VO customer service, or respond to VO surveys. To protect your privacy, you should not provide VO with any information that is not specifically requested.
2. Passive Collection of Unidentifiable Information: VO Web Sites may collect information about your visits to VO Web Sites without you actively submitting such information. Unidentifiable information may be collected using various technologies, such as cookies, and web beacons. Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer's hard disk by a website. Web beacons (also referred to as GIF files, pixels or Internet tags) help VO recognise a unique cookie on your browser. Your Internet browser automatically transmits to VO Web Sites some of this unidentifiable information, such as the URL of the web site you just visited and the browser version your computer is operating. Passive information collection technologies can make your use of VO Web Sites easier by allowing VO to provide better service, customise VO Web Sites based on consumer preferences, compile statistics, analyse trends, and otherwise administer and improve VO Web Sites. Certain features of VO Web Sites may not work without use of passive information collection technologies. Information collected by these technologies cannot be used to identify you without additional identifiable information and VO will not connect additional identifiable information with information collected through the use of such tracking technologies. With respect to limiting or disabling tracking technology please see below "What choices do I have about how VO collects and uses personal information about me?"
In what circumstances and for what purposes might VO collect and use personal information? VO will use the personal information you provide through VO Web Sites to respond to your questions and to provide you with efficient customer service. After you have entered personal information into a form or data field on any VO Web Site, VO may use certain identifying technologies to allow that VO Web Site to "remember" your personal preferences. We will only use your personal information for other business purposes, such as to offer you the opportunity to receive notices regarding VO's products or services.
Does VO consolidate personal information? VO may consolidate the personal information of customers who use VO Web Sites. In addition, we may consolidate information in a non-identifiable form (aggregate/anonymous data) to help us better design VO Web Sites and VO products, to enhance our research activities, and to facilitate other business functions.
What choices do I have about how VO collects and uses personal information about me? You may always limit the amount and type of personal information that VO receives about you by choosing not to enter any personal information into forms or data fields on VO Web Sites. Some of our online services can only be provided to you if you provide us with appropriate personal information. Other parts of VO Web Sites may ask whether you wish to opt into our contact lists for offers, promotions and additional services that may be of interest to you.
You may also be provided with preference questions or preference boxes allowing you to indicate that you do not want VO Web Sites to use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to "remember" your personal information, such as mailing addresses, on return visits. However, VO Web Sites that use tracking technologies to collect unidentifiable information do not generally provide you with the ability to opt out of the tracking technologies. Some Internet browsers allow you to limit or disable the use of tracking technologies that collect unidentifiable information.
Who will have access to personal information about me? Personal information can be accessed by a restricted number of VO employees, by certain companies with which VO may conduct joint programmes, and by third parties with whom VO contracts to carry out business activities for VO. We train our employees about the importance of privacy and how to handle and manage customer data appropriately and securely. Also, it is VO's practice to seek your consent where required by applicable law if you are registering for a programme which is conducted in conjunction with another company that may require access to your personal information.
Does VO share personal information with third parties? Except as otherwise stated in this Section, VO will not transfer your personal information to third parties unless you have been provided with an opportunity to opt-in to this disclosure. VO may disclose your personal information without your opt-in to third party service providers which assist us with our business activities. VO further reserves the right to disclose your personal information to respond to authorised information requests from government authorities or when otherwise required by law.
How does VO secure personal information? It is VO's practice to secure each VO Web Site that collects personal information; however, the confidentiality of personal information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting personal information over the Internet. VO cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will not gain access to your personal information; therefore, when submitting personal information to VO Web Sites, you must weigh both the benefits and the risks.
How may I correct personal information or delete it from current customer records? With your support VO will keep personal information accurate and up-to-date. You may request to amend or correct your personal information. Please notify us of your wishes by contacting us in one of the ways specified below.
How long will VO store personal information? In general, VO will only store your personal information for as long as it is needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, subject to applicable data retention periods imposed upon VO by applicable law.
How can I contact VO? If you have questions about the scope, use or amendment of personal information that you have provided to us, or if you would like to opt out of future communications from a VO business or a particular VO programme, please contact us by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the VO Web Site you are visiting. Alternatively, you may send a letter to the following address:
Virgin Oil PO Box 153 Flinders Lane Melbourne, Victoria AUSTRALIA 8009
If you would like to amend or correct your personal information and are contacting us by e-mail, please put "Amendment/Correction Request", as applicable, in the subject line of the e-mail. We will do our best to respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner.